RE: More than 2 ASM Diskgroups in a RAC Enviornment with 2 Databases

  • From: Adrian <ade.turner@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <kaygopal@xxxxxxxxx>, <naqimirza@xxxxxxxxx>, "'Oracle-l List'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 19:05:07 -0000

Hi Gopal,

I believe the intention of the WP is that the S.A.M.E. methodology is
followed.

The more disk groups the less disks would be striped and mirrored within
each one, implying worse performance.

My understanding is that unless you are in the terabyte++ area there is no
reason to have more than one disk group for data and one for flash recovery.

Cheers
Adrian

Author: Oracle Database 10g RAC Handbook, Oracle Press 2006
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/007146509X/