More than 1GB PGA under Oracle 9.2.0.5/Solaris 9

  • From: "Buechi Martin" <Martin.Buechi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 21:01:31 +0200

All,

Is there a possibility that Oracle 9.2.0.5 under Solaris 9 can allocate
more than 1 GB PGA?

We are running an application that bulk collects without a limit clause.
A rewrite is in progress, but will take several days.

In the meanwhile we are looking for a way to increase the memory max.

The process grows continuously and at about 1GB it dies with

ORA-04030: out of process memory when trying to allocate 16408 bytes
(koh-kghu sessi,pl/sql cursor meta-data)
ORA-06500: PL/SQL: storage error

We have for oracle:
> ulimit -a
time(seconds)          unlimited
file(blocks)           unlimited
data(kbytes)           unlimited
stack(kbytes)          16384
coredump(blocks)       unlimited
nofiles(descriptors)   256
vmemory(kbytes)        unlimited

Any suggestions?

Martin

P.S. It is my understanding that pga_aggregate_target does not play a
role here.