RE: Monitoring Services

  • From: "Stephens, Chris" <Chris.Stephens@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "SUzzell@xxxxxxxxxx" <SUzzell@xxxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 11:12:18 -0500

I've got a startup trigger that executes the following (mostly lifted from the
latest ncoug journal<http://www.nocoug.org/Journal/NoCOUG_Journal_201108.pdf>):

PROCEDURE prc_start_services IS
    service_already_started EXCEPTION;
    PRAGMA EXCEPTION_INIT(service_already_started,-44305);

  BEGIN
    FOR i IN (SELECT NAME FROM dba_services) LOOP

      BEGIN
        dbms_service.start_service(i.NAME);
      EXCEPTION WHEN service_already_started THEN
      --this means the service is already running so no need to crash
      NULL;
      END;

    END LOOP;
   END prc_start_services;

For monitoring, you could easily write something to query V$active_services or
monitor the output of "lsnrctl services"?