RE: Monitoring CBO degrading Switches in xplans?

  • From: "Milen Kulev" <makulev@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <fmhabash@xxxxxxxxx>, "'Oracle-L Group'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 00:33:12 +0200

What about using SQL Profiles and generating them automatically  (the hints
for the good/bad execution plans are in dba_hist_sqlplan anyway). You will
end up with many SQL Profiles, but at least the execution plans will be
stable.
Bear in mind that the efficiency (elapsed time per execution) may greatly
vary depending on the values of the bind variables

HTH. Milen