Re: Monitor usage of columns

  • From: genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "Eric Jenkinson" <erichjenkinson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 11:43:02 -0500

Thank you , Eric. This sounds very much like something I am looking for.

thank you

Gene Gurevich

             "Eric Jenkinson"
             04/20/2007 07:52                                           cc
             AM                        oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                       Re: Monitor usage of columns

On 4/19/07, genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <
genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

  Hi all:

  Is there a way in oracle (9i or 10g) to monitor access to the specific
  columns? I'd like to see which of the existing
  columns are never being accesses and remove them.  Do I need to set up
  auditing? Or is there another way
  (equivalent to index monitoring for instance)?

See if the following thread will be some help.