Re: Monitor usage of columns

Thank you , Eric. This sounds very much like something I am looking for.

thank you

Gene Gurevich

             "Eric Jenkinson"
             <erichjenkinson@g
             mail.com>                                                  To
                                       genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
             04/20/2007 07:52                                           cc
             AM                        oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: Monitor usage of columns

On 4/19/07, genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <
genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

  Hi all:

  Is there a way in oracle (9i or 10g) to monitor access to the specific
  columns? I'd like to see which of the existing
  columns are never being accesses and remove them.  Do I need to set up
  auditing? Or is there another way
  (equivalent to index monitoring for instance)?

See if the following thread will be some help.

http://www.freelists.org/archives/oracle-l/05-2004/msg00464.html