Mixing DB, File Share, Mail on SAN

  • From: "Joe Frohne" <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 16:16:37 -0500 (CDT)

Hi,

I spend some time looking through the archives for any content
focused on the impact of sharing a SAN across different
applications, but didn't find any.

We currently have an EMC SAN which serves production databases only.
 They (management) are now beginning to push for more storage for
file sharing and I am sure mail will follow shortly and they want to
put it all on the current EMC SAN.

Does anybody have any experience they care to share on the impact of
putting mixed content on a SAN and how that may or may not affect
database performance.

Thanks Much,

--
Joe Frohne
Rawson Oaks Consulting, Remote Oracle Admins