Re: Missing datafiles

  • From: Kanwar Plaha <kanwar.plaha@xxxxxx>
  • To: "Jordan Casey" <Casey.Jordan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 08:04:35 +1000

Hi Jordan,
Thanks for your reply. You are right. However, I do have the original datafiles
on
disk. Its just that the first time they were not included in the controlfle.
I cannot do it right now but will this work:

Suppose I recreate the controlfile, this time with the missing files
Then, when it asks for an archivelog to apply for recovery (since there are new
files now), I can use the existing redo log to recover. I have done this in the
past
in a slightly different situation where I had to recreate the controlfile when
some
files were missed out. It works.

Maybe I will give it a go. In the meanwhile, if you have another hunch, do let
me know.

Thanks,
Kanwar