Re: Migration from SQL Server to Oracle database

  • From: Krishna <krishna.setwin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Martin Berger <martin.a.berger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2011 16:17:22 -0500

we need to convert sql server databases only once to oracle. I understand
that, even though we use once for initial data loads, we need to pay the
license for all cores in oracle database. same thing for gateways...  Am I
right ?
Once we migrate to oracle, the sql server database servers will
be decommissioned.

Martin, I understand that I need to change data types for cols. sql server
databases will become schemas in oracle.  Should I make any other physical
design changes?