Migrate Oracle WIN32 bit to LINUX 64 bit.

  • From: "Arnon, Yuval" <Yuval.Arnon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 10:33:36 -0400

Greetings,

My plan is to migrate an Oracle 10.2.0.3 Win2003 32 bit to an Oracle
10.2.0.3 Linux 64bit RH 4.
Have any of you guys ever tried to use RMAN backup/restore function to
copy
the Win32 DB to Linux 64 bit DB?
What I need to be able to achieve is that the Win 32 DB be active while
I do the RMAN backup, than I restore the DB using RMAN on Linux.

TIA
Yuval.

This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential and
exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,
are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, distribution, or use of the information contained herein (including
any reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.  If you received this
transmission in error, please immediately contact the sender and destroy the
material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format.