Re: Microsoft MS SQL article for Oracle Professionals

On 10/18/05, Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR) <
Thomas.Mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  It is a strange article. It started out rather fairly comparing the two
> databases – how they are similar and how they are different. When the
> article hit "backups", it completely skipped describing Oracle backups –
> like the author either didn't know or just got tired.
>
>  I wonder who this was written for?

Oh, its written for folk moving from Oracle to Sqlserver. This is why it
doesn't compare any of the hard stuff to move like PL/SQL vs T-SQL and so
on. I'm sure Oracle has equally dodgy comparisons available as well.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA