Re: Metrics for Swingbench benchmarks

  • From: "Jeremy Schneider" <jeremy.schneider@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: john.hallas@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 21:38:08 -0400

On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 9:46 AM, John Hallas <john.hallas@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> When we ran an insert stress test (again using the Order Entry schema) we
> achieved 410000 TPM with a single load generator to a single instance,
> 320000 when both instances were running and a pathetic 120000 when we added
> a second load generator.

So RAC with two nodes actually gave you slower performance than just a
single one of the nodes?

Under every test we see the main problem being the major contention on
> gc_buffer_busy blocks.

That makes sense; anything to decrease that block contention could increase
your throughput.  Higher pctfree, partitioning if each node can insert into
its own partition...  (I assume you're using ASSM already to avoid freelist
pitfalls...)

--
Jeremy Schneider
Chicago, IL