Re: Metrics for Swingbench benchmarks

  • From: E Rudans <oceheb@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: john.hallas@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 11:08:59 +0200

Hello John,

I'm also currently exploring this nice tool. Recently I did small
test to check how really differs 32bit and 64bit oracle , and found
that swingbench is really easy to setup and possible to do some quick
test (I had only few days to test hardware). I did only small amount
of load due to lack of disk subsystem.

If anyone interested, my quick test results are here [1] I found
5-10% difference and  wonder if this is real or this is test issue
(test done wrong)

E. Rudans
  Oracle DBA
http://erudans.info
  Quoting John Hallas :
 /**/
        Swingbench is an excellent toolset and we are pushing our test rig
by using it. However I am not sure how to tell when you have an
optimum configuration or what a realistic throughput (TPM might be).

Links:
------
[1] http://erudans.info/2008/03/06/oracle-32bin-vs-64-bit-quick-test/
[2] mailto:john.hallas@xxxxxxxxxx