Re: Methods to clone large production database

we use raw files. take hot backup and create a create_controlfile. After the
hot backup, we run multiple dd's over private network from one server to
another. once those are copied (and renamed) over, we manipulate control
file script and create the control file, and preform recovery to the scn.
Along with data files, we also copy over archive logs to help in recovery.

rjamya

On 3/27/07, Allen, Brandon <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 What exactly is the "raw copy method"?  Do you just mean that you put the
database/tablespaces in backup mode and copy with the OS utilities?  Or is
it something to do with raw storage, in which case I didn't think you could
use the OS copy utilities, but I'm not really sure since I've never worked
with raw storage.

Thanks,
Branddon