RE: Method for migrating schema from PROD to DEV

  • From: "Baumgartel, Paul" <paul.baumgartel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: JEREMY.SHEEHAN@xxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 16:26:53 -0500

1.  Make sure all of the production tablespaces exist in dev, and with
sufficient space

2.  Make sure all production roles exist in dev

3.  Make sure to create dev user with same system privileges, role
grants, and tablespace quotas as production

OR

3.  Don't drop dev user; just drop all its schema objects

Paul Baumgartel
CREDIT SUISSE
Information Technology
Prime Services Databases Americas