Re: Metalink is down, isn't it? Or it isjust on my side ...

  • From: "Johan Muller" <johan.muller@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: renee.dekenah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 11:10:09 -0500

It's down,down, down ...

which proves why this list is the most valuable resource in this DBA's
arsenal.

Unbreakable indeed!

Thks Jared!

On 8/29/06, Renee Dekenah <renee.dekenah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

I'm also in the UK, can't connect to Metalink. Not sure whether there
was scheduled downtime. I would've assumed if there was that they would
have a nicely formatted "this service is currently unavailable" -
instead I get a "connection was reset" error from Firefox / "page cannot
be displayed" from IE. Perhaps I assume too much ;-)

Regards,
Ren

Jurijs Velikanovs wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Just wonder if you also can't connect to the Metalink?
> I am based in the UK and can't connect during last 1/2 hours.
> Is it planed downtime? Any ideas then it will be available again?
> Or it is an additional prove of UNBREAKABLE Oracle ;)

Johan Muller
Oracle DBA
(214) 676 2147 anytime.

Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." --Benjamin Franklin