Re: Metalink is down, isn't it? Or it isjust on my side ...

  • From: "Anjo Kolk" <anjo.kolk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Pass, Stephanie" <Stephanie_Pass@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 21:00:14 +0200

Thanks Stephanie,

There were indeed a couple of OPS systems that I had to debug and figure out
what the problem was. The fact that most people here didn't know and being
called the father of Mogens new aupair really makes me feel old!

Anjo.

On 8/31/06, Pass, Stephanie <Stephanie_Pass@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You don't understand; Anjo has been working with OPS/RAC for a very long time. He probably helped Mogens learn OPS/RAC. He was a definite help on a rather large OPS/MPP SP2 system back in the late 90's.

-----Original Message----- From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of rjamya Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2006 7:15 AM To: anjo.kolk@xxxxxxxxxxx; oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: Re: Metalink is down, isn't it? Or it isjust on my side ...

looks like some one actually read
www.miracleas.dk/WritingsFromMogens/YouProbablyDontNeedRACUSVersion.pdf
??

Raj

On 8/30/06, Anjo Kolk <anjo.kolk@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hmm,
>
> Metalink is probably not running on RAC. As we know running your
Database on
> RAC makes your application highly available. I wonder why metalink is
not
> running on RAC.
>
> Anjo.

Anjo Kolk