Re: Metalink is down, isn't it? Or it isjust on my side ...

  • From: "Anjo Kolk" <anjo.kolk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: j.velikanovs@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 15:09:37 +0200

Hmm,

Metalink is probably not running on RAC. As we know running your Database on
RAC makes your application highly available. I wonder why metalink is not
running on RAC.

Anjo.

On 8/30/06, Jurijs Velikanovs <j.velikanovs@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Common Tanel !

> Oracle should let Google index metalink, then we'd at least be able to
> access the notes and bug descriptions from its cache. And the search
would
> be *a bit* more accurate...

You can't say like that :) after Larry have told us:

http://australianit.news.com.au/articles/0,7204,18341811%5E15841%5E%5Enbv%5E,00.html
=========================
Chief executive Larry Ellison says the California company's new search
program "is one of the biggest products in years," and may help draw
users away from Google

Oracle MEGA Search is far more advanced then Google ;)

Y.

PS Unfortunately doesn't work yet I am afraid.

-- Yury +44 7738 013090 (GMT) ============================================ http://otn.oracle.com/ocm/jvelikanovs.html -- http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l

--
Anjo Kolk
Owner and Founder OraPerf Projects