Re: Metalink is down, isn't it? Or it isjust on my side ...

  • From: "Jared Still" <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tanel.poder.003@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 09:52:27 -0700

Tanel, you've hit the nail right on the head as far as searching goes.

No one does it better than google.

Some sites are notoriosly bad.

Veritas for instance, has a search engine on their support site that
is virtually useless.

Fortunately, support.veritas.com is open to the public, and can
be searched via google.

Google sells 'google in a box' for just that purpose.

Agile software (agile.com) uses google in a box, which works pretty well.

Jared

On 8/29/06, Tanel Poder <tanel.poder.003@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Oracle should let Google index metalink, then we'd at least be able to access the notes and bug descriptions from its cache. And the search would be *a bit* more accurate...

Tanel.

Jared Still