Re: Metalink forums - effects of the outsourcing

  • From: Janine Sisk <janine@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jrsmiley@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 14:31:22 -0700

On Jun 22, 2005, at 1:31 PM, John Smiley wrote:

I've gotten to the point where I don't even bother with them unless I have a "repeatable test case" for the obscure bug I just hit or I've got days to spend with them with the system down tracking down the problem.  In other words, almost never.

And that's exactly what you're supposed to do! Not only does discouraging people from asking for help keep their support costs down, but it makes for some really excellent metrics about how low their support incidents per installation are. Everyone knows that if the customers aren't asking for help then they aren't having any problems, right?

*snort*

janine