RE: Metalink Fiasco - Oracle Support Who do they think the are!

  • From: Chris Dunscombe <cdunscombe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: post.ethan@xxxxxxxxx, 'oracle-l' <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, dreveewee@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 01:23:07 -0800 (PST)

Just received this from Oracle Support, who do they think they are!!!!!!
Especially the little bit below. I don't expect this will go down well at all

""Many of our customers are using My Oracle Support and are experiencing
benefits from this next-generation support platform.

      Since
Monday November 9, 2009, some customers experienced issues with
registration and access. As a reminder, in order to access My Oracle
Support (https://support.oracle.com), you must login using your Single Sign-On
(SSO) account for authentication purposes. This is a new requirement
for accessing My Oracle Support and was not utilized for Classic
MetaLink."

To ensure delivery directly to your inbox please add replies@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx to
your address book today.

                Click Here to Access My Oracle Support

                Update on My Oracle Support Upgrade and Classic MetaLink
Retirement

ATTENTION: Oracle Database, Fusion Middleware, E-Business Suite, On Demand and
BEA Customers and Partners

  As you know, Oracle
Global Customer Support announced that beginning the weekend of
November 6-8, 2009, My Oracle Support was upgraded and at that same
time, Classic MetaLink was retired. Many of our customers are using My
Oracle Support and are experiencing benefits from this next-generation
support platform.

      Since
Monday November 9, 2009, some customers experienced issues with
registration and access. As a reminder, in order to access My Oracle
Support (https://support.oracle.com), you must login using your Single Sign-On
(SSO) account for authentication purposes. This is a new requirement
for accessing My Oracle Support and was not utilized for Classic
MetaLink.
      If
you did not verify or create an SSO account prior to the upgrade start
on Friday, November 6, you will need to either verify or create your
SSO account to login to My Oracle Support.Step-by-step instructions are
available from the
My Oracle Support – Registration FAQ (see “Re-registering When Migrating from
Classic MetaLink to My Oracle Support” section).
                    We are committed to assisting you with your support issues
as promptly as possible. Please contact Global Customer Support via telephone
if at any time, you are unable to use My Oracle Support for your support needs.
      Thank you for your patience during this transition period. Stay tuned for
further My Oracle Support updates.
      Sincerely,

            Oracle Global Customer Support
Chris