Memory consumption by Oracle

  • From: Upendra N <nupendra@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 03:26:27 -0400

Here is my burning question...
How to find out the memory consumption by Oracle and how to scale it if one of
the node in RAC fails (at a minimum -  should have enough memory to handle the
additional connections from the failing node).
Here is the calculation:
total memory used = SGA size + PGA used + memory allocated for all the
connections.

How is "Memory allocated for each connection" is calculated and which
statistics should I look at in v$sesstat.

Please let me know if I am missing anything else.
Thanks much
-Upendra

http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?ocid=PID27925::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WM_HMP:032010_1