RE: Measuring SQL Net Traffic

  • From: Feighery Raymond <Raymond.Feighery@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 10:18:18 +0100

I thought about this, but if I understand correctly, V$SYSSTAT records
statistics on an instance basis. I require to be able to restrict this to
traffic from a specific source over a specific time.

It's the kind of thing that seems like it should be easy. Maybe Oracle sees
network analysis as outside it's scope; perhaps I should be using a network
packet sniffer.

Ray