Re: Measuring SQL Net Traffic

Ray,

    It may be too simplistic for your needs, but what about checking
V$SYSSTAT ?

bytes sent via SQL*Net to client
bytes received via SQL*Net from client
SQL*Net roundtrips to/from client

Regards,

Stephane Faroult

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 09:51 , Feighery Raymond <Raymond.Feighery@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
sent:

Solaris 8
Oracle 8.1.7

I am currently trying to measure the amount of SQL Net traffic that flows
between my Oracle 9iAS server and my Oracle database. I've had a look at
doing this by using SQL Net trace and trcasst but the summary options just
give totals and I cannot exclude connections from other clients.

Does anyone have a simple method of doing this (perhaps a Perl script that
reads listener log or trace files)?

Ray

This email and any attached to it are confidential and intended only for the
individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient, please let us know by telephoning or emailing the sender. You
should also delete the email and any attachment from your systems and should
not copy the email or any attachment or disclose their content to any other
person or entity. The views expressed here are not necessarily those of
Churchill Insurance Group plc or its affiliates or subsidiaries. Thank you.

Churchill Insurance Group plc. Company Registration Number - 2280426.
England.

Registered Office: Churchill Court, Westmoreland Road, Bromley, Kent BR1
1DP.

--- Links ---
   1 modules/refer.pl?redirect=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.orafaq.com
   2 javascript:parent.opencompose('oracle-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx','','','')