Re: Maximum height of an Oracle B-tree index

  • From: "Jonathan Lewis" <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 23:22:31 -0000

If you've got about 6 hours and about 24 GB
of disk space free, I've got a script that will get
you to height 24.  You'll have to double the
time and space to see what happens if you
try to get to 25.

(So far I've built to height 20 in 18 minutes).

Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ

April 2004 Iceland  http://www.index.is/oracleday.php
June  2004      UK - Optimising Oracle Seminar