Re: Materialized views

  • From: Slim Dave <slimdave@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rajesh.kella@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 23:54:35 -0700 (PDT)

The first thing that sprang to my mind was to measure the DML activity on the
materialised view's table by turning on monitoring for it, which may work out
the same as querying X$KNSTMVR but would be done from the schema account not
sysdba. After each refresh you flush the monitoring statistics and log them
away, and reset them by gathering statistics on the table.