Re: Materialized view refresh fast without Primary key

  • From: "Alexander Fatkulin" <afatkulin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chiragdba@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 12:25:30 +1100

Try using this instead:

create materialized view temp
refresh fast on demand
with rowid
as select * from mv1.temp ;

On 4/20/07, Chirag DBA <chiragdba@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Can I refresh materialized view FAST when a primary table doesnt have a
primary key ?

As per oracle it should work with ROWID option while creating MV logs.

SQL> create table temp(no number);
Table created.

SQL> create materialized view log on temp with rowid(no) including new
values;
Materialized view log created.

-- On secondary site (Same db)

SQL> create materialized view temp refresh on demand as select * from
mv1.temp ;
create materialized view temp refresh on demand as select * from mv1.temp

         *
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-12014: table 'TEMP' does not contain a primary key constraint

SQL> create materialized view temp as select * from mv1.temp;
create materialized view temp as select * from mv1.temp
                                                   *
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-12014: table 'TEMP' does not contain a primary key constraint

Anyone can tell me what I am doing wrong ?

--
Cheers,

--
Cheers,