Re: Master Node on RAC

  • From: "Shivaswamy Raghunath" <shivaswamykr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 10:20:30 -0400

I realized that the autobackup of OCR takes place on the master node. I
assume it is initiated by the master node.

On 5/11/07, Shivaswamy Raghunath <shivaswamykr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello.

I understand that there exists a master(instance) for a resource. I follow
remastering of the resource.  I

But, I like to know more about Master Node in the cluster. I infer that
OCSSD (Oracle Cluster Synchronization Service Daemon) recognizes a master
node.

Specifically, what tasks master node accomplishes? How can I identify the
master node in the cluster (other than OCSSD log) ? I have tried to search
thru the leading authors on RAC. Could not get much info. Nothing much I
could get on MetaLink either. Can you share any pointers and relevant info?

Thanks for your insight,
Shiva