RE: Manual DB creation in 11g for APEX 3.1

  • From: "Marco Gralike" <Marco.Gralike@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <rjoralist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 12:43:27 +0200

event 31098 is used for "Internal event to turn on XDB tracing". It
traces the database create statements of types, tables etc, while using
the DBMS_XMLSCHEMA package to register an XML schema in the XDB
Repository.

The local APEX database structure is based on XMLDB functionality, also
the local dbconsole looks like it is using it to generate reports (in
11g)...
You can have a look here to get a first glance of the XDB protocol
server here: http://www.liberidu.com/blog/?cat=34

In 10.1 it is enabled by default. In 10.2 and 11.1, it is disabled, but
shared server architecture is still enabled by default.

If you don't need it, TURN it OFF. It is a security breach (and uses
resources while being idle)

AFAIK
-----
there is no event for tracing the protocol server functionality, or more
specific in thie case of the "gateway" for APEX. It was never (afaik)
fully implemented, although the logging structures in de XDB Repository
exist. I would be very interested if someone knows, learned about how to
trace the HTTP/FTP calls via the proctocol listener (aka Listener XMLDB
functionality) .

Marco