Re: Managing developers recommendations

  • From: tboss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: fred_fred_1@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 16:58:27 -0400 (EDT)

Toad w/ DBA module or who have access to generic schemas that contain
important data == bad.

Regular Toad with individual developer accounts, no insert/update/delete
access on important tables, roles, role-level security and limits on the
autoextend feature for specific tablespaces == good practice.

my one big complaint about toad: by default it comes with "autocommit off"
... which is fine, but it means every session opened to a schema in the
database has an implicit "begin transaction" attached to it, so you've
got lots of uncommitted/open transactions ... which can block processes
from time to time.

Sounds like you've got a very unorganized dev environment going on ... your
problem isn't the use of Toad, its the lack of a properly configured
workspace for your programmers.

todd