Re: Make trace files with large sql statements available to developers

  • From: Egor Starostin <egorst@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Eric.Buddelmeijer@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 09:03:02 +0600

> to ask. Probably my way of asking made the question unclear. Can you help me
> finding other ways of working around the length problem, short of cutting up
> the lines and reassembling them after transfer?
Here's another solution to allow developers to analyze their trace
files (using OraSRP profiler):
1. Tell the developer to use unique tracefile_identifier (alter
session set tracefile_identifier='uniq_devid') before enabling
extended SQL trace.
2. Create .htpasswd file in user_dump_dest and add an entry in this
file for this developer. This step may be considered as optional,
depending on your security settings.
3. Run OraSRP on the server (let's call it prod01) like this:
$ orasrp.py -d /path/to/user_dump_dest --htpasswd --pattern=uniq_devid
--port=3000

After that just provide the developer with the link (http://prod01:3000/).

Developer can now analyze his/her own trace files. But he/she still
doesn't have access to other's traces and is not able to view raw
traces (with systemstate dump, for example).

--
Egor
http://www.oracledba.ru