Re: MOTS

  • From: Carol Dacko <dackoc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2011 15:12:31 -0400

MOTS 2010 - a word.

This was a "bucket list" thing for me. I have always wanted to get as many
of the Oakies together to come to Michigan to attend a University of
Michigan football game. The best way I could think to achieve that was to
put on a conference. Due to the huge efforts of the committee members, Mark
Bobak, Mark Powell, Charles Schultz, Ric Van Dyke and Jeremy Schneider the
conference was a huge success and we had lots of fun. Just wish we had more
people. Since I achieved my bucket list item, I will participate in another
MOTS if there is another one, but will probably won't be leading it. I
believe that Mark Bobak and Mark Powell will be taking the charge on that.

For RMOUG, I can confirm that this is a great 2 day conference on a variety
of topics. Many Oracle Aces, Ace Directors and Oakies attend/present at this
conference. The mountains are always beautiful in February and the
hospitality that you receive is awesome.

For HOTSOS, you truly get the "Texas" feeling in Dallas. The hospitality is
outstanding! This is also a conference where I wish I can clone myself so
that I can attend both of the sessions. There is also an extra training day
at the end where you can learn for leading technology folks like Tom Kyte,
Jonathan Lewis, Tanel Poder and Karen Morton.

For OOW, I have found that they are getting better at having more technical
talks. There are still the requisite marketing talks, but you can find good
sessions on each day to attend.

Since I have never been to UKOUG, I cannot comment except to say that it is
one of the conferences that I have always wanted to attend. You have a great
opportunity to meet and speak with authors and presenters that don't have a
chance to make it to this side of the pond. Excellent technical material
too!

ODTUG just had their annual conference in San Diego, and the conference is
getting rave reviews. So there was great material presented their for all
folks in technology, not just developers.

NoCOUG has quarterly conferences/training opportunities. In May they had
James Morle in to give a two day SAN deep dive. Again, very well received!

So there are many training activities that you can experience. Also I
believe that the SunCoast Oracle Users group in Tampa will have a one day
session with Cary Millsap on the 21st of July. You might check that out
since you are in the Sunshine State.

Hope this helps!

Carol Dacko
MOTS 2010 Co-Executive Director