Re: MBA for database people

  • From: "Michael McMullen" <ganstadba@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 12:16:43 -0400

I think if you're looking at an MBA you're looking at a career change. MBA's
manage people/projects not databases. I thought about it but the idea of
countless hours of meetings, time spent preparing powerpoint presentations
turned me off.
My brother in law was programmer who wanted more in IT so he got his MBA.
He's now in India 10 days/month working on the final stages of offshoring
all of his companies programmers/development. No joke. Don't think he has
many friends left in the department but I don't think he cares.

Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ:
put 'unsubscribe' in the subject line.
Archives are at
FAQ is at