RE: MBA for database people

  • From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 13:26:44 -0500

Juan
   I think you have a point, that the MBA degree can prepare you for
management, but until you have some years of experience, you don't truly
know management. Your analogy of DBA experience vs. OCP is probably a good
one.
   But the Oracle DBA that is taking classes in the evening probably just
wants some exposure to business terms and concepts. If you will end up
managing people at some point, it is good to understand standard business
personnel methods. We've all probably worked for somebody who was "making it
up as they went along".

Dennis Williams
DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.

"We all want progress, but if you're on the wrong road, progress means
doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case,
the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive."
-- C.S. Lewis