MBA for database people

  • From: ryan.gaffuri@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 12:17:57 +0000

I'm finishing a Masters in Software Engineering in Spring 2005. Then I want to
either do a masters in computer science or an MBA. I  have met several
technical people with MBAs. Do you find the information useful? Has it helped
you move up through management?
I know some of you run your own companies, do any of you have MBAs? Does it
help? With the technical profession in decline, I wanted to diversify my
skillset instead of just being technical, which is what a computer science
masters would do. I know with government contracting salaries are all about
years of experience and degrees. Performance really isn't all that important.
Any opinions would be useful.