RE: MAX nodes cluster software support RAC on SUN Solaris and Linux?

  • From: "Jesse, Rich" <Rich.Jesse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 10:23:37 -0500

I wish more people could look at RAC for OpenVMS (I wish *I* could look at
it!).  It's dead simple compared to installing RAC on other platforms
because clustering has been part of VMS and it's RMS filesystem longer than
most of us have been in the "business" (and by the "business" I do mean "The
Industry").  And VMS clusters scale to 96 nodes with 500 miles in between
them.

Just a shame really.  A damn shame.

Rich

Rich Jesse                        System/Database Administrator
rich.jesse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx      QuadTech, Sussex, WI USA