RE: Low CPU time, no Wait time but high elapsed time

  • From: <rajendra.pande@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <exriscer@xxxxxxxxx>, <toon.koppelaars@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2011 07:39:06 -0400

I did not think LPAR was managed in a similar manner like a VM.

My understanding was that in a LPAR the resources are hard bound when
the LPAR gets created

You can move them around later but still this is not the same as a
hypervisor.

Once moved the resources stay with the new LPAR - but I am not sure.
Maybe the newer LPARs are hypervised.