Re: Lookup/Code table as hot block

  • From: "Jared Still" <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ranko.mosic@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 15:59:50 -0700

One method to deal with this is to rebuild the table
with a sufficiently high pctfree that there is only
one row per block.

Jared

On 4/24/06, Ranko Mosic <ranko.mosic@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi List, I have couple of thousand of users all accessing the same, very small lookup table. This is hot block in database cache. How can I avoid this ? Multiple table copies ? How to do this - all users connect under single name .

--
Regards,
Ranko Mosic

http://ca.geocities.com/mosicr@xxxxxxxxxx/ContractSeniorOracleDBARankoMosicMain.html

Hi List, I have couple of thousand of users all accessing the same, very small lookup table. This is hot block in database cache. How can I avoid this ? Multiple table copies ? How to do this - all users connect under single name .

--
Regards,
Ranko Mosic
Contract Senior Oracle DBA
B. Eng, Oracle 10g, 9i Certified Database Professional
Phone: 416-450-2785
email: mosicr@xxxxxxxxxx
http://ca.geocities.com/mosicr@xxxxxxxxxx/ContractSeniorOracleDBARankoMosicMain.html

--