Re: Lookup/Code table as hot block

  • From: "Thomas Day" <tomday2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Ranko Mosic" <ranko.mosic@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 12:59:24 -0400

on login trigger

usually web aps have a single super user who logins into the database on
behalf of the real users and has a shared connection pool.  The first time
that this user logs in, the login trigger reads the table.  The application
has to accept the data and store it, either as a file on the app server or
as a variable array in the application.  There are many mechanisms, the
exact one that you use would be tailored to your needs.

I'm sure that other members have seen other ways that this was implemented.
I'm just giving examples of what I've seen.