Re: Looking for an Oracle speaker for PostgreSQL Conference East

  • From: "Jonah H. Harris" <jonah.harris@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 17:04:16 -0500

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 4:51 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Hah!
>
> Submit what you wish, I wasn't trying to feed the submission as much as
> give general ideas. I would love to see 1-3 talks as a whole.

Cool.  Peter Steinheuser and I will submit something.  Peter is also an
Oracle DBA and ex-EnterpriseDB employee.  He and I did most of the work
dealing with customers who needed things Postgres didn't have, so we have
some good info to share in that regard.  Likewise, given that the conference
is in Philadelphia, I especially think it would be quite beneficial for many
of the core PG devs/committers to be made aware of features people need as
well as areas where PG is technically over a decade behind.

--
Jonah H. Harris
Blog: http://www.oracle-internals.com/