RE: Long-Term Archiving

  • From: "Goulet, Richard" <Richard.Goulet@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <uwe@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 16:35:32 -0500

Uwe,

        Well to date Oracle is keeping their word on backwards compatibility.
I know that exports taken in V6.0.36 will successfully import into 10.2.0.3,
but how long that will remain true is anyone's guess.  There are a number of
vendors who provide long term archival of data via their own proprietary ways
and guarantee data retrieval back at least 10 years.  Take a look at
http://www.applimation.com as an example.  A simple Google search for "Oracle
data archiving" gets quite a bit back.  Come to think of it, I think our good
friend Quest has a product too.

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA
PAREXEL International
978.313.3426
 information transmitted in this communication is intended only for the person
or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or
privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of,
or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or
in error, please destroy any copies, contact the sender and delete the material
from any computer.