RE: Long execute phase for SELECT query

  • From: "Allen, Brandon" <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Michael McMullen" <ganstadba@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 12:38:51 -0700

Good idea - I actually just tried that a little while ago - set it to
8.0.6 and 8.1.7 and both actually made the parse take even longer - 20
seconds instead of 12.

I also tried a RULE hint - and that reduced the parse time to only .09
seconds.  Unfortunately, I can't modify the application to send a RULE
hint.

Thanks,
Brandon