RE: Long IO Latency

  • From: "Allen, Brandon" <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <shivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 09:48:55 -0700

According to Oracle, the average I/O time should be < 20ms for acceptable
performance.  I usually see about 5-10ms on my systems - some of which are
RAID10, and some are RAID5 with lots o' cache and a high (.9+) r/w ratio.

50ms is ridiculous speed and 700ms is ludicrous (slow) speed (anyone remember
Spaceballs?)