Re: Logical standby problem

  • From: Mark Bole <makbo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 15:55:13 -0700

Set the following logical standby parameter.

DBMS_LOGSTDBY.SKIP('NON_SCHEMA_DDL');

I had the exact same problem, this worked. This may have the side affect of skipping all grants whatsoever, I haven't checked. However, for non-DML changes of this nature you are probably better off bypassing the guard tempoarily and performing them directly in the logical standby, so that's not necessarily a show-stopper.

--
Mark Bole
http://www.bincomputing.com

rjamya wrote:

A colleague is trying to create a logical standby database. During apply, it is getting stuck on

LOGSTDBY stmt: grant select,insert on sys.ora_temp_1_ds_24148 to "SYSTEM"
LOGSTDBY status: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
LOGSTDBY Apply process P004 pid=27 OS id=913594 stopped

Now we all know that this temp tablename is generated when collecting stats. System owns the package that generated the stats in the actual database. Is there a way to resolve this? I have no clue about it and Metalink has been less than helpful. A TAR has been loggged, but I needed it to be run by you all.

Any pointers are greatly appreciated.
Raj
select standard_disclaimer from company_requirements where category = 'MANDATORY';

-- //www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l