Re: Logical Standby - dba_logstdby_skip.error

  • From: Jason Heinrich <jheinrichdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wellmetus@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 10:35:28 -0600

Roger,
I'm not sure about what the documentation is saying there.  Maybe I'm not
thinking straight today, but that sounds backwards. From my experience, the
error column simply means that Oracle will skip (or handle through a stored
procedure) only errors on the given object/statement, as opposed to all
matching activity.  For example, in the following rows from my
dba_logstdby_skip view, I skip all activity on the KWEYGANDT schema.  Any
errors raised from DDL statements are passed to the SKIP_LOGSTDBY_ERROR
procedure, which has special handling for certain errors.

OWNER       NAME   ERR STATEMENT_OPT   PROC
KWEYGANDT   %      N   DML
KWEYGANDT   %      N   SCHEMA_DDL
%           %      Y   SCHEMA_DDL      SYSTEM.SKIP_LOGSTDBY_ERROR

--
Jason Heinrich