From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Mark Strickland
Sent: 17. júlí 2006 16:52
To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Logical Standby Questions

Oracle Support verified that, even though the failed update statements as
reported in v$logstdby_events include rowid in the WHERE clauses, SQL Apply
drops that clause before it applies the statement.  That's what I would have
expected but seeing rowid in the SQL statement threw me off, so I thought that
maybe SQL Apply actually does use rowid.  I didn't think it did.  So, my theory
that the logical standby wasn't handling row migration properly was probably
off-base.

Oracle Support has little help so far.  I'm going to try to replicate the
problem in a test environment.  This is alarming.  We're not yet reliant on the
logical standby for reporting but we will be relying on it sometime in the next
few months.  I was under the impression that Logical Standby in 10g was ready
for prime-time.  I'm starting to question that assumption.

On the bright side, I was happy that the re-instantiation of a million-row,
450-Mb table only took a few minutes.  Looks like the INSTANTIATE_TABLE
procedure uses Data Pump, rather than just a straight select over the database
link.

Regards,
Mark Strickland

Fyrirvari/Disclaimer