From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jason Heinrich
Sent: Tuesday, December 09, 2008 3:54 PM
To: Oracle List
Subject: Re: Locking over a DB link

Sorry, forgot the db info:

Both databases are 10.2.0.3 EE on Windows 2003.
Remote database is a logical standby.

On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 2:47 PM, Jason Heinrich <jheinrichdba@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

        I was wondering if it was possible for SQL similar to the
following to cause a lock to be created on the remote database:

        insert into localtable
        (select columns from remotetable@dblink where <some condition>);

        My first reaction was no, but I thought I remembered locking
oddities over links being discussed before.  So far I haven't found
anything useful in my searches though.

        --
        Jason Heinrich

--