Locally Managed Tablespaces

  • From: "Smith, Ron L." <rlsmith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 13:47:51 -0600

We are upgrading an application that uses an external database to set=20
initial table create parameters. =20
I would like to use Locally Manages tablespaces and Uniform extent=20
sizes, instead of the table create parameters.=20

My question is, will Locally Manages tablespaces cause Oracle to ignore=20
the table create parameters? (I hope)=20
And, if I have some tables that are empty, and some that have a million=20
rows, what do I use for an initial extent size?=20
Do I allocate them all small and let the large tables go into extents?=20

I don't have the luxury of putting large tables in a separate=20
tablespace.  Everything is in one schema and one tablespace.=20

Hope this is clear.=20

Thanks!=20
Ron=20

Important Notice!!
If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail message, any use, =
distribution or copying of the message is prohibited.
Please let me know immediately by return e-mail if you have received =
this message by mistake, then delete the e-mail message.
Thank you.