Re: Loading data from Flat files

I think, first you should create staging tables and purify the data
and do the checking etc.

then prepare a copy of the target tables and in this copy of tables
update the columns with data in staging tables..check once again this
is what you require and then finally you update your target tables
with prebackup of target tables..

thanks..subodh

On 20/12/2011, Abhishek Gurung <abhishek.gurung@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Scenario:
> 1. I have to load data into oracle from multiple large flat flies and XML.
> 2. Each flat file contains data of multiple table.
> 3. Structure of flat file is like this
>
> system_variable TableName:Column1_Name="Value", Column2_Name="Value",
> Column3_Name="Value".......................ColumnN_Name="Value";
>

> 4. Only Changed/Added columns are available in file for that particular
> table.
>
>  Question: What is the best method to load data from these files to Oracle
> tables?
>

> Regards
> Abhishek Gurung
>
> --

Love me or Hate me both are in my Favour.
Love me, I am in your Heart. Hate me, I am in your Mind.