Re: Listener is stopping !

  • From: walid alkaakati <walid_alkaakati@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Ghassan Salem <salem.ghassan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 00:54:33 -0800 (PST)

Thanks Ghassan,

  I checked the listener.log it shows every thing normal.
  however when the problem happens i check tns-service in contral
panel->services i find sid service is running however the listner service is
not running so i restart the server and so on...  is the listener becoming
tired when i have many connectins !
  the  system adminstrator cannot find the meaning of the error " local agent
reponse " in the system event , how shall i proceed in the investigation.

Ghassan Salem <salem.ghassan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Walid,
what do you mean by 'listener is stopping'? if you do a 'ps -ef|grep tns', you
see no tns program running?
if that is the case, look at the listener.log (in oh/network/log) to see if
there is any error message there.

rgds

  On 11/18/06, walid alkaakati <walid_alkaakati@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:    Hi list ,

  I need your help on this urgent issue .

  Each day iam facing a problem , the applicaton is freezing and all my users
(150) can not do any thing and you cannot  do any new connections , some times
this is accompanied by message (" can ot open dedicated server process...."),
  when i checked the services i found that listener is stopped automatically !

  I wonder why it is stopping  IS it that i have to add new  listener or what ?
  Net work problems ? how i verify that it is a network problem ?
  the alert .log do not show anything , the window event shows  " local agent
error "
  where i shall start?

  Wating your help.
  BYE

  Sponsored Link

Mortgage rates as low as 4.625% - $150,000 loan for $579 a month. Intro-*Terms

Sponsored Link

Mortgage rates near 39yr lows. $510,000 Mortgage for $1,698/mo -   Calculate
new house payment