RE: Listener (Windows) will not start - It will now!

  • From: "Ted Coyle" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 09:32:09 -0400

Chris,
I'm glad it worked, but...

Word of caution:  Setting the ORACLE_HOME to 10g/9i multi-homed machine
could cause issues with 9i environment and is not "required" to get things
working.

I have never had to set ORACLE_HOME as an ENV system variable to get "it" to
work even when multi-homed.

For ease of use, I do have a bat file that I use to launch the cmd prompt
for each environment.

Example:
SET ORACLE_BASE=c:\oracle
SET ORACLE_HOME=c:\oracle\ora92
SET PATH=%ORACLE_HOME%\bin;C:\windows\system32;c:\cygwin\bin;c:\gnuwin32;
CD C:\oracle\admin

I'd check your path.  Make sure the default home for your system is first in
the path.  When multi-homed, I always have the 9i home first in the path.
If the 10g listener create failed, you may have had 9i in the path first.

Probably not work fussing over, but if things break again the env system
path might be the issue.

Ted